Meet the author :)

Meet the author :)
simple lady with extra ordinary God, an instructor by profession and a business woman by hobby...click my photo to know more about my business

Monday, May 20, 2013

Do you need a Wedding Proposal to say YES!

I was inpired to write on this not because I experienced it (no not yet and i guess will never be) but because I am so inspired by the different uploads in youtubes (which I even downloaded some) and different stories from friends who had this experience!

What is wedding proposal anyway? is this a must before settling down? 


According to Google, A marriage proposal is an event where one person in a relationship ask for the other's hand in marriage. If accepted, it marks the initiation of engagement. It often has a ritual quality, sometimes involving the presentation of n engagement ring and the formal asking of a question such as, "Will you marry me?" In western culture (or rather the anglo-western culture sphere), it is traditional for the man to propose to the woman while kneeling on one knee before her (occasionally referred to as genuflection), and sometimes putting the ring on her finger, as opposed to merely giving it to her. Often the proposal is a surprise.


Wedding proposal is something every girl wished for aside from a fairy tale wedding of course. Almost all girls in the world is dreaming of a wonderful proposal surprise from their lovers. When I was a little younger I always fantasized of having a wonderful surprise in the future, I used stalk of plants as rings and place it in my ring finger, I make myself believe that someday a prince will come and ask me to marry him, I always watch or read articles about proposals, I even sneak out and check accounts of friends who had experienced it. I giggle a lot when I saw how happy expressed in teary-eyes the lady would be, I even noticed that even the wedding is still far they already had that engagement to lock the possibility of marriage (I even asked myself matutuloy kaya?) recently, I have closed friends who had their wedding proposals some in simple ways and some in gigantic extraordinary forms, some already locked it in marriage. I always ask myself will I have one like this in the future? Well, I guess not! it is already enough for me to be"kilig" with what I see and saw in articles and with friends. Why?


I don't think I will still fulfill this fantasy, I don't see a possibility of having one because at this point marriage is already something were looking forward to, we already have plans, therefore do you think I still need to be asked if I wanna marry him? because obviously my answer will be YES!. I don't even need fancy sterling diamonds to prove that I will soon get married, why not just use that money used in buying it for the future, I don't even find wisdom in surprises. I guess I just woke up from a dream and saw the bitter-sweet experiences of life. At 25, I can say I am more practical now. How much do you think your partner will spend for the fancy full of surprises proposal, how much will he used in calling out friends to help him, how much will he use in restaurants or hotels for the event, and how much is the diamond ring your dreaming off cost out from his pocket or bank accounts. Yes, it is the sweetest thing, people will talked about your relationship but hey! will you be ready enough for a future together? I mean financially? If your partner came from a well off family then continue dreaming girl! but if you came from average family and your boyfriend's intention is just to surprise you and make you happy then you have to be awaken yourself from that dream. 


However, most ladies still want to have a wedding proposal because it is a life event in which can be shared to your children's children. It is a treasure which no one could get, it is a way of showing how important your girlfriend to you, it is showing how ready you are and checking how ready your girlfriend for married life 'coz it comes in surprises. It is even the formal way of introducing your soon to be wife or husband to your whole clan. For richer families they even have parties for the engagement. For the guys this could even make or break your relationship 'coz you wouldn't know what her answer would be! It is an event where you showcases your bright and creative ideas to please your girl and it is where you can find true friends to help you in surprising her.( I found 50 ideas in proposing thru this site http://wedding.theknot.com/getting-engaged/marriage-proposals/articles/50-romantic-ways-to-propose.aspx... i hope it can help the future husbands) (this can even help too http://www.buzzfeed.com/lukelewis/heartmelting-marriage-proposals


It is a heartmelting experience indeed but not too practical. I am not against wedding proposal common im dying to experience one I just hope I have a mega super rich boyfriend who could buy me a -nth karrat diamond ring and surprise me in a 5 star hotel or deck of a cruise but I just have an ordinary young man who means everything to me that he doesn't need to give me everything just to love and marry him! I know he knows already my answer if he will ask me to marry him and definitely it will be a YES!!! 'coz it's not the fancy proposal but it's God who destined us to be together :)

No comments:

Post a Comment